Monday, April 9, 2007

No update for Thursday because the internet was so slow at work that I couldn't even upload the post. I couldn't even send an email actually.

This weekend was a really good one. Thursday, there was a bbq and party for Nate's birthday. Weave's blog has some pictures from this event but I didn't bring my camera. I did get home about 3am, so it was a good time and I even called some of you on your way to work that day. I got up around 1030 on Friday because we got Good Friday off.

During the day on Friday, I met the Colettis and Castros at Tisa's. I was finally able to do some snorkling. I was actually mostly snorkleblocked again because there was a really strong ava that day. An ava is a trench in the coral where the current can flow through like a river sometimes. When I went to Tisa's before, it was calm. Not so on Friday. At the edge of it we were holding on to coral in order to not get sucked into the ava. I didn't want to get any closer, so only stayed near the fringes. Here are some pictures from the day:






Here are the Sean and Jessi at Tisa's:



Friday night, the plan was to just do nothing, but we ended up playing Balderdash and then 3man. The 3man was pretty brutal and I ended up going to bed at 5, but not before some nice spilling episodes and not before Nate called a taxi to see if he could get them to bring McDonalds and cigarettes. It worked:




Saturday, I woke up and did not feel #1. But, we went to Airport beach anyway. This is a really nice place. There are two ways to get there. One is to take the "garbage walk" from our housing complex. We took the blowhole route, which is probably superior in every way except you have to drive to the starting point. The Weave's blog has some pictures of this day too. Saturday was the best day. The weather was great, the water was great- no current at all, deep water to snorkle in, and a nearby beach to hang out at. Saturday night we watched Pisupo the movie and hung out at Sharon's til 3. Apparently 3 is the designated time for any event to end.

Sunday, a big group all went to Emily and Randy's place. It was also a really nice time. There was bacci ball, egg dying, washoes, mimosas, and tons of good food, especially the chili and bacon casserole. Everything was good though. I should have brought my camera, but I didn't.

Today was not very good at court. Because of the 3 day weekend, there were tons of arrests, so that took a really long time and now I'm working on getting things properly charged and ready for the guys that were arrested. I'm exhausted today.

Movie reviews:

Pisupo the movie- Not a whole lot of plot, but good music and well done. It shows a lot of the island- so you should see it.

Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift- OK, I haven't made it through this one yet. So far it is very crappy. This sums it up I think. The main character met the bad guy one time and they raced. The bad guy just smoked him with no competition. Then later on another guy is trying to convince the main character to race him again and says- because you're his kriptonyte.- Hmmm, yeah, why? He certainly had no trouble the first time and had no other interaction in their lives. So far it is a 2.

I tried to answer the posted questions on Thursday, but couldn't get that to upload either, so:
1. I don't know what my home phone number is off hand. Calling my cell is the best bet anyway and I get free incoming calls.

2. I've only listened to an inning so far and it was Rizs and Neihaus, but there's no way the new guys could be worse than Hendu especially.

3. I didn't get a lawnmower, the maintenance guys mowed my lawn. It is their job. On the mainland, these guys would have been fired long long long ago, but here you're just happy when they finally get to knocking the grass down below 5 feet high. I noted this weekend that lots of things on this island are operated like the person in charge was me when I was 18.

4. I hope Shen's treatment works well. Does he go to Auburn to get it? Djali is pretty sensitive about being referred to as other than a goat. Luckily she is (probably) too far away to get you.

5. My parents do have plenty of cats, but I don't think they are that good at lawnmowing.

6. I do not like an uncut lawn. I just prefer that I not be the one to cut it if that is avoidable.

7. I haven't even heard of any goats around here Janaya, so no I think they mostly don't live here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, it looks like you guys had nice weather there this weekend. While it was super nice here on Friday, things have definitely taken a turn for the worse. Yesterday it hailed several times here and there were heavy downpours. The mountains are supposed to get 8 inches. Hello, it's April!

A little more than 2 weeks and Adrian and I will be there. Yea!!! You need to let me know what you want me to bring over for you. Have you gotten a car yet? Should we reserve our flights to WS?

KDub said...

Hey good pics Aaron. Sorry I have been out of touch for a while. I was in Mexico for a week with the family. It was great: The twins traveled really well and had a great time. They love swimming so we prettymuch did that all day everyday. They bring drinks right to the poolside and we rarely had to leave. Grandma would babysit at night and Sara and I would have some free time. We made it down to Senor Frogs one night, but other than that we didn't do much. I had four days back in Salt Lake and then left on a business trip to Jacksonville, FL for a week. It was a productive trip, but not quite as fun as Mexico. We just got back and it is a very busy week at work.
We took hundreds of pics in Mexico and are in the process of creating a Picasa Website where we can upload all the pics for everyone to go and view. I'll let you know as soon as it works. Aaron, do you have any plans to visit the mainland this year?

Unknown said...

Yeah, we could go ahead and reserve WS flights. I haven't gotten a car yet either.

I probably won't make it to the mainland this year is my guess. My parents are meeting me out here for Christmas. The closest I might come is Hawaii. I have some airline miles that I'm going to lose if I don't use and it won't get me anywhere except maybe Hawaii from here most likely. So I was thinking possibly I'd go watch the Huskies play in Hawaii if anyone wanted to meet me.