Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Super Bowl prediction

I've been so right on so far this season that I'm sure everyone is really looking forward to my pick. I know there are still 10 days or so til THE GAME, but I'm leaving Friday and may forget. I'm looking forward to seeing how many NY based "national" sports guys pick the Giants. I'm picking the Patriots.

NE 45
NY 20
The Patriots will be picking Eli. Eli: 21-45 235yrds 4 picks 1 TD
Moss: 3 TD


This weekend it pretty much rained constantly. So, instead of camping, everyone just kind of hung out.

It is sunny at the moment, but there are the biggest waves I've seen on the island today, so that probably won't last. Some waves were actually breaking on the beach today---the reef keeps them from getting even close to the shore usually. There's a tropical depression (11F) causing the waves and rain. It is a couple hundred miles away, so I hope it stays away at least until we get on the way to Auckland. Hurricane Page



I don't know how my neighbors' kids can still make any noise. Their vocal cords have to be nearly ruined from almost constant screaming. I'll really miss that while I'm gone. I love incessant screaming, yelling, crying, and complaining (loud, always loud). It is kind of like a babbling brook or ocean waves.

In SC, I'll go Obama 45-37. I hope that's how it goes too.
For the Rs, I hope Huckabee wins the nomination. He's funny and he can't win the election. Really anyone except McCain would be fine with me since he's the only one that could win. I think it'll end up being close with McCain and Romney. Rudy'd be the absolute best for results though. He could go down 0-50.

14 comments:

stadtler said...

I'm surprised you didn't pick the M's to win it. They seem to be your favorite jinx target.

Unknown said...

Hey, the M's were doing fine until that 2nd year in a row collapse.

I did a good job picking the Huskies this year and them not winning as well.

Hoz said...

Masser you suck at posting.

Anyway, a new nomination for worse movie ever, Shoot 'Em Up

WHoreible, WHorendous... Adrian can take it from there.

stadtler said...

...On taxes you be writin off Ho's as dependants?

To Masser's defense, he is hiking around the hills of NZ, so I imagine his computer access is somewhat limited.

Hoz said...

Well that's no excuse.

He could write it on paper plates and make a message big enough for us to zoom in with google earth.

come on Aaron get to it !

Janaya said...

Shane, did you ever get Cannon to sleep through the night? What did you do???

Hoz said...

Goat,

We had his first birthday party. That helped. :)

Seriously I thought I was going to go insane. He would only sleep for 4 hours at a time. But it only lasted for like 9 or 10 months. Seems like a long time ago now. How old is mini-goat?

What we make sure of now:

--His room is warm
--His diaper is clean (right before bed) I can't believe he can pee so much at night, it must be a little over two gallons- gets that from me.
--8 PM bed time

Even if we do all this he still wakes up- Even yesterday I was up at 4:30 with him, not bad, but we didn't go back to sleep.

Janaya said...

Ugh. That sucks. Jonas is a bit over six months now. We are just trying to stop him from taking two bottles during the night. He is mad. We made the mistake of putting him in our bed when we brought him home and now he won't leave! I am tired and want him to stop kicking me!

kccalla said...

Goat -

Turn him the other way, that way he'll kick Brian instead!!!

Janaya said...

He just rolls back over!!! What a momma's boy.

James said...

It should be a firm rule "no babies in the bed"...

One trick to getting them to sleep through the night is put them in a room far away. Then when they wake up no one wants to get up and go get them. Eventually they cry themselves back to sleep... It also helps to be particularly sleep deprived. At that point you don't care if they cry.

Oh man this sounds horrible.

Argh our new one is only 4 weeks old and still sleeps at most 3 hours... I can't wait to make it to 4. That will be sweet. Might be too late for some babies but "The Happiest Baby on the Block" is the book that made me the happiest dad in the state. If your kid cries to much, this is the book for you.

Janaya said...

Yeah, we finally let him cry it out. We actually picked up the Sleepeasy Solution book and used it to wean him from night bottles. It worked like a charm. Now he is sleeping in his crib and sleeping 11-12 hours. It only took a week and a half. I am so so happy!!!!!!

stadtler said...

Ha. Masser's blog has become the baby sleep forum while he is gone. I guess that'll teach him to not leave his blog un-updated for so long again.

George sleeps like...well...a baby (in the figurative rather than literal sense). It's pretty nice.

kccalla said...

OK Masser, here's an update on things since you've been gone:

* Giants won the Super Bowl - nice prediction dumbass.

* Eli Manning was MVP - another one you were right on top of.

* Adam Jones was pulled out of the Winter League because he was going to be traded for Erik Bedard.

* Wait, there is no trade. Angelos doesn't know the players that he would be getting.

* The Orioles are trying to sign Bedard to a long term deal.

* Jim Zorn is signed by the Washington Redskins to be their Offensive Coordinator.

* OK, now the trade should happen at any time.

* Any day now the trade is expected to go through.

* Jim Mora Jr. is named to succeed Holmgren as the Seahawks' Head Coach beginning in 2009, and signs a 5 year contract.

* Still waiting for word on the trade.

* The trade is expected to happen soon.

* After a stellar stint as the Redskins Offensive Coordinator, Jim Zorn is elevated to Head Coach.

* Jones and Sherrill are now in Baltimore to get their physicals. The trade is expected to happen any time.

* Bedard is now in Seattle for his physical. Expect the trade to happen soon.

* Breaking News: M's send Jones, Sherrill, Tillman, and two other minor leaguers to the O's for Bedard. Wow, that trade came out of nowhere!

* Clemens lies in front of Congress. Macnamee's lawyer predicts that Clemens will be pardonned by Bush if he ever faces any charges.

* M's sign Bedard for one year

* Seahawks sign some Guard from Carolina