Monday, July 14, 2008

75 degrees

I'm freezing. Right now it is the coldest it has been my whole time here. 75 degrees. I'm still wearing a t shirt and shorts, but I'm considering putting on sweats.

This last weekend we had a good sloshball game, a bonfire, and then hiked to Palagi Beach on Sunday. Pretty good.

Some pictures...
Wyland, the muralist (apparently he's famous, though I hadn't heard of him prior to being here) came down a few months ago and put this mural on my office building for the Pacific Arts Festival:

Some local Seahawks grafitti:

Alden breaking out some music:

Naomi's temporary tattoo for Rutger Day (ask her what that is):


Swimming in a little pool near sliding rock:

Action shot of Barbie by the canneries:

Planting a little garden:

Lunch at Sook's:



Outrigger paddling:



Restaurant review:
Crap fast food stand in Tafuna
On the main Tafuna road if you're coming from the main road towards the airport, you pass KT2 mart and then right before a stretch of road with no buildings on it is a little stand on your left. They have the usual really bad local fast food, but they also have a sign for fish and chips. Naomi had the fish and chips, I had some fried chicken. I'm pretty sure that was the worst fried chicken I've ever had (including when I tried to make my own and burnt the hell out of it while making a giant grease mess). I'm positive that the fish AND the chips are both the worst I've ever tasted of either and could possibly be the worst thing labeled as food that I've had the misfortune of eating--- strike that, tasting because it was so bad I had to spit it out. Horrendous isn't strong enough. ZERO

Do you all have big plans for Manu'a Flag Day? It is Wednesday. I actually forgot that we had a holiday this week until yesterday, so it is a nice surprise 4 day week.

1 comment:

KDub said...

Of course I have huge plans for Manua Flag Day, but they are so huge I won't go into them here. Did you get that email I sent you about Waters? I would kill for 75 it has been so hot here. One more day over 100 degrees and I am going to melt.