Saturday, January 13, 2007

Getting out of the cold

It's so cold in Washington today. It is about 20 degrees our right now at 1030pm. There's about an inch of snow on the ground. I like the snow, but the knowledge that it'll warm up to 33 and rain any day now makes me look forward to some warm weather in Samoa.
I was at Jerry's last night and I was lucky that I brought some long underwear. I think that was the only thing that allowed me to live through the night in Jerry's igloo apartment.

So I'm only a few days removed from finding out that I got the job in Samoa. After being told that I'd probably be offered the job a couple weeks ago, I had pretty much convinced myself that I'd be going to Samoa. I did a lot of research about the job and the place and I was getting pretty excited. I'd get lots of trial experience. Plus, I'd get to live in the tropics for a couple years. What a great deal. I'd worked myself up about it, but then once I hadn't heard back, I was starting to get nervous. It was a big relief to get it confirmed.

So, now I'm trying to figure out the best day to head out there. I get to spend a couple days in Hawaii on the way out. I was thinking that the day after the Super Bowl would be a good day so that I could have a few days on Oahu then head out to Samoa on a Friday and have the weekend to get my shit together a little before going to work. But, if the 'Hawks are in it, I may need some recovery. So now I'm thinking maybe the next week.

No comments: