Wednesday, February 14, 2007

At work



Well, I'm here at work. At the moment I don't have anything to do. I'm supposed to go to court, but my assistant had already taken the car to serve some subpoenas and she's not back yet. I'm just supposed to go to court to watch though. Apparently that is going to be my job mostly for the next month or so: watch court. That's good I think. I'll actually have a good idea of what is going on before I have to do anything. It'll take 4-6 weeks at least for the bar association to get around to admitting me anyway, so I don't have a whole lot else I can do.

Today I wrote a letter for a guy who is getting screwed a little by his car dealer. That's the extent of my real work so far.

Yesterday after work, I went snorkling at Tisa's bar not too far outside of Pago Pago. It is unbelievable. I've never seen anything remotely close when snorkling. The water is perfectly clear and there are so many fish it is ridiculous. There's a greater concentration of fish and coral than in the tropical section at aquariums. Plus the water is about 85 degrees (no exaggeration- it could be warmer).

Also yesterday the Queen Mary 2 was in town.

Here are some pictures of my first sunset here on Monday(cloudy) but also you can sort of see how clear the water is.

3 comments:

Hoz said...

Ug what the hell kind of fish is that swimming in the water. I think it's a Stinky Itch Fish. Very dangerous to carpets and sandpaper. Watch yourself Mass. That thing could bite your foot off.

That water is very clear though.

Did you show off the Masser swim skills? I bet the local were impressed.

stadtler said...

First day on the job and you're already slacking...is very nice.

Is the water warmer than the mighty Toutle?

The Dawgs are gonna kill the #10 Cougs tonight. We're even favored. D-E-D.

stadtler said...

O yeah, did you score yourself a local Valentine yet?
What's her name? Afato, Avaeya, Dynutha...?
I'm sure they'd all go fine w/ the Masser surname.