Monday, February 12, 2007

Made it here

Here are some Hawaii pictures



I made it in to American Samoa last night about 930. I was picked up from the airport by Lancaster from the AG's office. He gave me a sort of rundown about how some things work and was extremely nice and helpful. Today's my first day at work. I really have nothing to do. I went to court to watch a short hearing and I talked to my boss for quite a while. Pretty much I'll have to wait for about 5-6 weeks until the bar association gets around to admitting me. Until then, I'll do some watching court, shadowing people, and trying to find things to do mostly it looks like. Once I get admitted I'll be doing prosecutions and consumer protection actions.

It is really hot and humid here. I wore pants today but I hope to have time this afternoon to pick up some mandresses. It is just too hot for pants and dress shoes. There is air conditioning in the office that keeps it about 90 degrees. I guess it broke for a while and it was about 105 inside all the time. Sweet!

I have internet at work, so that is really nice.

The past few days I was in Oahu with Jerry, his brother Jimmy, Jimmy's wife Paulina, and their friends Joe and Joey. It was super nice of Jimmy and Paulina to let me stay for free at their condo. It's across the street from the beach, 21st floor and super nice. Did some snorkling. Jerry got hosed by the airlines though. He was supposed to leave at 8am, but instead didn't leave until 930PM.

OK, I'm tired, I'll do a better job of updating later.

4 comments:

Hoz said...

So they are paying you for nothing huh. Nice. I didn't think Donkeys could survive in tropical heat, but I guess they can.

stadtler said...

How long before your man dresses all have some Lewinsky-esque markings on them?

Here's a pic for you.

June said...

Hi. Glad you made it. Did you go to the probowl game? So you get paid to sit and watch for 5 weeks? Nice

AnotherLeigh said...

Ohhh, hot and sweaty, and mandresses, sounds like heaven to me... Do you guys wear anything under them? Like kilts?

I like your blog it is a great way to keep everyone in the know...

Taylor says "Hi Aaron, I like chicken..."