Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I'm out of the hotel and "moved in" to my new house. Since my stuff while arrive here at an undetermined time, who knows when I'll actually be moved in. But I'm in my house at least and out of the hotel.
So I have 3 bedrooms plus a fairly large living room. There's a carport with a nice BBQ that I am buying from the last guy who lived there.

I found out that the gym is $50 a month. I'm just going to buy some equipment from Cost U Less, which is like mini Costco. This seems like the best idea especially since the gym is not air conditioned, has limited hours, and I have the 2 extra rooms.

I'll take some pictures tonight and put some up tomorrow.

This weekend was pretty fun. On Friday, I played sloshball with about 20 people. It's whiffleball except that you pitch to your own team, you can't strike out, and second base is a cooler. If you get to second, you have to crack a beer and can't put it down until it is done. We played for about 3 hours and I only got out 2 times, so it's a miracle I felt ok on Saturday morning. Sunday morning- not so much. We had a Special Olympics with most games involving drinking. My team took gold, but I felt like something else the next day.

Here are some ratings from the weekend:

Movies:
Kingdom of Heaven: 7
Date Movie: 3
Scary Movie 4: 5.5
Beer:
Taurasi: 2.5
Vailima: 4.5
Vailima export: 3.5
Red Horse: 7
San Miguel light: 7
Chinese food:
Hong Kong House: 4. Their soup and curry are not bad. The Lo Mein was fricking spaghetti.

Any particular questions or curiosities about here?

5 comments:

Hoz said...

Mass
You certainly qualify for the Special olympics (especially swimming or diving). Good thing someone finally noticed you fit right in.
WHAT no hongers there to make quality food. Well you should refuse and go to the taqueria on the corner, that should be authentic.
How much are movies? You should also get netflix- I am sure movies would make it there every few weeks.
Work out equipment? All you really need is a few boxes of tissues. Maybe your old socks too. Who are you kidding?

stadtler said...

Special Olympics addendum for Masser: chopping wood (not to be confused with beating it - he's a world record holder in that).

Re: Any questions-
What are you driving out there? I can't imagine that they have too many POS Chevy S10's w/ non-working windshield wipers.

So it's a toss up between San Miguel light and Red Horse eh? Which one has more alcohol and which is cheaper? Are there any other readily available beers that you've yet to try? How expensive is stuff like beer anyway? (I might need to start saving)

stadtler said...

O yeah, The Shins, played a free show in Seattle yesterday prior to their show at the Paramount.

Unknown said...

Red Horse is probably the cheapest beer here. It is $12 for 12 500ml bottles. It is 7%.
Beer is mostly more expensive here. There's crap MGD, Corona, Bud, Coors, Vailima, some Chinese beers, San Miguel- but they're all pretty much the same price. About $25 for a case.
Hard A is less expensive than at home. Pop is way more expensive $7 a halfrack. It is just random whether things are the same, less, or more.

kccalla said...

Wow, even on AS, you can still get a good GAME of slosh ball!