Wednesday, February 21, 2007

This first fish is one from the Georgia Aquarium.





I'm starting to get my stuff somewhat organized at home. I know some of you may be shocked, but I cleaned the kitchen last night and it made it much more pleasant in there. Also, an old lady came by selling stuff she makes. I bought this wall hanging from her for $50. It is made out of tree bark with dye made from the tree, hibiscus, and other things that grow around here. She said she makes those to make a little money and that all of the materials cost her nothing since they grow wild here. I thought it was a pretty fair price. Also, she threw in a tiki carving. I'll include a picture of the hanging. Also the pictures of my house aren't too good, but if you are trying to figure out what is going on, there's a canopy hanging over most of the living room. I think I'm going to remove at least part of it. The ceiling is probably 15 feet high. The thing I bought is the brown and cream colored thing not the big piece of cloth hanging up. I have some seriously ugly curtains right now too. Jaymie might like them though, there are turtles on them.

Yesterday was the worst weather day by far. It just poured all night and then in the morning was still at it. It finally cleared up about 3pm, and then was pretty nice after that. Still hot at all times though.

I also bought the workout machine from Cost U Less. I can't rationalize paying $50 a month to work out in a crappy gym, especially when I have so much extra space at home.

For dinner, I mixed the "lo mein" with the curry, and that was pretty good. Hong Kong House may not be the best quality, but they don't cheat you on quantity. I have plenty left still to have dinner tomorrow and maybe Thursday too.

I got my bodyboard yesterday. So from Hawaii, it looks like mailing stuff takes about a week. Who knows how long my stuff I mailed from the Rock will take to get here. Everyone here is guessing about 2-3 months. The post office said 2-5 weeks I think. Supposedly, my stuff that I shipped was going to get on an earlier ship than planned. I don't know if that happened and if so when it is supposed to get here. The original day was March 19.

I listened to the gipsy kings very best 2 cd set as reccommended by Shane. It is really good. Thanks bittorrent.

Adrian, did you see I joined your stupid NASCAR league? Unfortunately, we don't get the ocho over here, so I won't be able to follow it too closely.

Huskies: I don't have much confidence right now... even less than 7%. I don't think they'll get thrashed anymore, but I also don't know if they can pull out the close ones at all yet. They could conceivably pull it together finally and win the tournament, they have the talent. But, I'm not hopeful at all. 4%. (oh, and I mean win the Pac-10 tournament)

And now... the unsolicited baseball predictions- standings edition:

NL East

Atlanta 91-71
Mets 87-75
Florida 86-76
Philly 76-86
Washington 55-107

NL Central

Chicago 93-69
St. Louis 88-74
Houston 88-74
Milwaukee 85-77
Cincinnati 76-86
Pittsburgh 61-101

NL West

Los Angeles 92-70
San Diego 88-74
Arizona 82-80
Colorado 74-88
San Francisco 71-91

AL East

Yankees 96-66
Toronto 89-73
Boston 86-76
Tampa Bay 71-91
Baltimore 67-95

AL Central

Chicago 96-66
Minnesota 87-75
Cleveland 83-79
Detroit 82-80
Kansas City 60-102

AL West

Seattle 89-73
Anaheim 86-76
Texas 79-83
Oakland 76-86

So the answer is no, I didn't sit at work doing all this crap. I write these at home the night before and bring them in to upload- so starting tomorrow, I'm going to write in the present tense when doing that instead of past. Now... know what I mean? Or maybe you had another question. That answer is no also. I've never picked any team to win the AL West beside Seattle.

I saw my first gecko at my house last night. He didn't do the robot dance though.

7 comments:

Hoz said...

You need to quit your job and become a professional photographer RIGHT NOW. Those are awesome black pictures ! Send me copies quick.

That old lady took you. $50 bucks ? When I get there, I can whitewash you a fun wall design for $49 if you want.

Does your canopy leak?

stadtler said...

I got my bodyboard yesterday.
Ha! When I first read this I thought you said/typed bodyguard. "Ahhhh, biker bar..."

Lucky for you NASCAR is on Fox for the first half of the season! Look what you missed last week.

Yes, the Huskies are sucking and won't make the tourney. This is no way due to the awesome efforts of Brockman (currently 13th in the nation in rebounding). It can however easily be blamed on the fact that we have the worst starting pg in the Pac10. I am now a full-fledged Dentmon hater. Can he go a game w/o at least two completely boneheaded turnovers? (trick question- yes, he sometimes gets many more than two).

What do you suppose the chances are that we can resign Ichiro? If we do, when do you think it will happen?

stadtler said...

That's too bad that your gecko can't do the robot. If he could that would be da bomb!

KDub said...

Hah, finally got this piece of crap to work. I am at work right now so I can't write too much. Pretty sure Big Brother around here can track my computer usage and probably has a keystroke memory. I'm going to set up a new account when I get home tonight. Yeah, nice pics Ansel. Too bad I can't upload pics onto your site or I would put some pics of my kids who just turned 1. They are pretty cool kids -except William last night at 1:30 and 3 and 5:30. I am very tired and unmotivated today. Also my job is very boring. I wonder what will happen if I call your number from my cell. I'll figure out the time difference and then call you at a convenient time, say 2:30am your time. Supposed to snow here Thursday, Fri and Sun, - a low of 81 sounds pretty nice. I'll be in Mexico March 17 thru the 26th woo hoo. I'll write more jibberish on here tonight. Your job sounds much more interesting than mine. I won't bore you with the details right now. maybe tonight

stadtler said...

KDub-
No need to post pics to Masser's site when you can just link to them.
I refuse to be a dork and create my own blog, so instead, I'll just post incessantly to Masser's.

Carolyn & Adrian said...

Seriously, I agree with hoz, do you know how to work a flash? Why is the canopy up in the first place, and why would you only remove part of it?

I'm very happy to see that you joined Team Barvandahl for some fantasy NASCAR. Now all you have to do is pick your favorite driver. And our one rule is that driver must be on your fantasy team. Good luck.

When do we get to see pics of you in your man skirt?

kccalla said...

I think you should put a sky-bed up in there!