Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Parents in town

My parents were here for a week at the start of the month. They got to drive my car (Barbie) around the island for a couple days while I was working on Monday and Tuesday:






They went to Tisas:


and my Dad lost his passport there. Luckily, Candyman
found it and called me back to let me know he had it.
They got to meet my friends and Nikki's parents at their house, which is about 150 feet from my house.
(this is not at their house though)

I meant to take Thursday and Friday off to go to Western Samoa with them, but because I couldn't get a flight, they got to see some more of the island. We hiked around Aunu'u which is a small island off the east end of Tutuila.








Friday, I worked and they came down to check out my office:

Then they drove around and saw a couple more places they hadn't seen yet.



They got to see pretty much everywhere you can drive on Tutuila. On Saturday, we played sloshball. My dad played and that was cool. He even had a spectacular jump to avoid being thrown out one play. My mom has the pictures for this, so hopefully I can get some of those from her and get them up here.

Sunday, we went to Airport Beach for some snokelling and hanging out. The blowholes were pretty good and the beach and snorkelling there is always good.







You do have to do a little hiking to get there:



Afterwards we went to Maliamai for one last Vailima before they had to fly out.




Yummy Vailima!

It was great to see them and have them here. Now I don't get to see them til Christmas in New Zealand. I think and hope they had a good time. Next time though, they'll have to go to Western Samoa too.

2 comments:

Janaya said...

I love that you don't post for a week and then post three times in as many days. Looks like the Massers had fun. I love the look on Connie's fact mid-hike.

Elizabeth said...

That picture of you, Weave and Naomi drinking Vailima is fabulous.