Sunday, October 21, 2007

Mark Hales is leaving our office and the island to take a job with a firm in Utah. I went up to a party for him.



Here's Mark emerging from the jungle onto Massacre Bay Beach at the end of the hike.

I had to leave about 8 because we were planning a bonfire here at 8 and I wanted to be back before it started. It turns out that since it rained all day today it is too wet, so no bonfire party. But on the way back my car fell into one of the gigantic potholes in Tafuna and blew my front tire. I got the stuff out to change my tire, but I'm missing a crow bar/lug nut tool to both operate the jack and take off the lug nuts. Sweet. Since I don't have a cell phone and didn't bring any cash with me, I had to walk home. It is really nice out though and it was actually a pretty pleasant couple miles in the dark. Barbie will have to spend the night in front of the store where she sits.



It is only 930pm here, but that means it is after midnight at home.

Happy Birthday Dad!



(self portrait--nice tan)

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, Aaron! What a complete drag. I'm so sorry. Call or I guess send up the bat signal, if you need some help we got tools.

Hoz said...

Masser is used to this kind of car trouble- in fact- it has to happen for the universe to run correctly. If he hasn't run out of gas 3 times by now- he is not fulfilling his quota. Get to it.

kccalla said...

Come on Masser, where is your creativity? You couldn't figure out a way to use 3 and 2/3 empty Gatorade bottles, 7 losing scratch lottery tickets, some busted CD cases, and a handful of stale sunflower seeds (BBQ flavor) to change your tire? Afterall, what do you keep all that crap in your car for?

stadtler said...

KC- Masser is probably just out of practice since his truck ran so well and never had any problems that needed fixing... *dripping with sarcasm*