Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Mystery Store

You never know what you are going to get in Samoa.

A couple weeks ago, Nate and I went into this store that looks like a shed on the way to work. It always has a sign out front with hand painted signs advertising what they have. We were shocked that it had some things that you can't get anywhere else on the island. I got a few things there that were interesting. Today I went back, and they had a Cuisinart panini press for $10!

OK, the handle is broken.

Nothing several zipties can't fix.

Plus, it works! Fantastic!

Barbie got another flat tire on the way to work today. Less than fantastic. She's spending the night in Utulei but if I remember to bring my camera, I'll get some pictures of the new flat tire. It looks like a flat tire that a big rig might get on the freeway. Maybe Barbie needs dualies.

Movie Review:
Rumor Has It. Not the worst ever, but certainly not that good even as far as chick movies go. For one thing, there was no Hugh Grant, but also it didn't make a ton of sense. I would have been a hell of a lot more pissed off than the guy in it. Kevin Costner was kind of funny. But, I'd put this one quite a ways down on your queue. 3.7 I don't know why I put it in my queue...somebody told me it was really good. Was that you Meg?

7 comments:

Hoz said...

That's more like it, 2/4 tires ain't bad. The door should fall off next time you open it if the cosmos is runnning correctly, but no fear, duct tape, extra zip ties and some gum will fix everything.

KDub said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KDub said...

Where in Utah is your friend moving? What firm is he joining?

Unknown said...

I haven't seen Rumor Has It, so don't blame me. Poor Barbie. Quit running her into potholes. I drove the Rocket a couple times lately and it is running fabulously. It's a pleasure to drive now since the windshield wipers work, doesn't sound like an actual rocket, and doesn't have a 20 tons of garbage in the cab.

Unknown said...

Lots of beats for my cars.

Kevin, sorry I didn't get you the fantasy football advice you needed. It is probably better that I forgot to send you my work- I had Rob Bironas on my bench and he kicked 8 fgs.

The rocket is in pristine shape due to my meticulous maintenance.

Unknown said...

Oh, also he is going to be working for a small divorce firm that just represents guys. They advertise on sports radio and stuff.

KDub said...

That's alright - I ended up playing the Colts D and they got more points than than the Vikings D - I still ended up losing on that touchdown to Dallas Clark with 4 minutes left in the game. Stupid mother **^&%$ . . . . .!!

Anyway, tell him to look me up when he gets into town. I'd be happy to show him around. Is the firm in Salt Lake City?