Sunday, June 15, 2008

Nickelback

Sometimes you realize things suck but then after a while if they hang around long enough you stop thinking they suck and start to like them.

Raul Ibanez is an example. When Lou used to keep bringing in Raul in clutch situations, it was time to pack it up and go home. He was a guaranteed out. But, he stuck with it, hung around and now he's one of my favorite players.

Red wine is another example.

After a long time knowing that Nickelback sucks, I've determined that I like them. I'm still not sure I can say that they don't actually suck with a straight face, but they've grown on me. Specifically, the Rockstar song has changed my mind. The video is helpful, but mostly it is the "I'll have the quesadilla" line. It is so dumb and so awesome at the same time that I'm now forced to overlook all the other suck indicators of Nickelback.


(the band indicating their dislike for the unattended dog problem in Lions Park)
(alternatively, they're telling someone where they can sit...like Doug)

Nate is on yet another trip off island for work. I'm still locked at zero. Anyway, due to the unceasing incompetence of ASG,


they didn't book the travel arrangements two or three months ago, but instead waited til last week. Guess what...the flight was booked! So after lots of lying on the part of the travel agency that they'd make a flight or that Hawaiian had sent a smaller plane than usual, they had to spend not only the extra money for booking flights last minute, but they had to send him to Fiji in order to get him to Hawaii.

A month and 5 days until the Pacific Arts Festival. I'm sure that since ASG can't even do something like book a flight to Hawaii, we're in for a myriad of minor and moderate disasters during that time.

3 comments:

stadtler said...

Bavasi is gone!! Oh, glorious day. Too bad this didn't happen ~ 3 years ago when I first started saying it should.

kccalla said...

So you're saying there is still a chance that you will like Rush?

Pearl Jam still sucks.

Unknown said...

Rush sucks

PJ is great

This doesn't apply to everything crappy.