Saturday, June 14, 2008

Maximo/ Leti/ Rich/ Ed

We took some losses somewhat recently here on the island.

Maximo left back to Argentina


Leti left to Florida

Rich went to Washington DC (unless NOAA shafts him)


and Ed died.

I'm not sure what killed Ed. The housing guys found her by Nikki's house I guess in Lions Park.


A while ago we played poker at my new place. I had the poker chips. But...I left them in Barbie's trunk. That would have been fine except that Barbie's no-wheel problem was still being fixed and Barbie was in Tafuna at a repair shop instead of here.

so we had to use rummikub tiles, jenga blocks, and beans for chips:






OK, restaurant review:

DDW
DDW used to be one of the only decent dependable places to eat around here. Then it changed hands and got even better. They tried having different things (unheardof on this island) and they kept their excellent coconut cream pies. Unfortunately, now the place is on a steep descent. They switched from ordering at the counter to ordering through waitresses. This is a complete disaster. There are two competent waitresses at DDW. So, they put one to work in the kitchen and one to work the cash register. For the floor, they hired two of the top 3 worst waitresses in the world (see Evi's Taco Hut). Incompetence is not even close to a strong enough description. It is truly unbelievable. Nobody could move slower if they were trying. Screwing up your order is a MUST. It makes me angry every time I'm in there and it takes several minutes just to get your order across. At first, I thought it was kind of funny because it is just so ridiculous. But, over time it has not improved at all and I don't see as much humor in it these days. The last time I went there, part of my eggs tasted like fish. Yuk! I've been forced to put DDW on my boycott list. I'll now only go there if all I want is a piece of pie. They haven't ruined that yet, but one dose of tuna will take that down as well. Off island rating: 1 on island rating: 3.

Also, I hadn't had KFC for a while. It sucks every time but I had it anyway. Guess what, it sucks. Unlike McDonalds and Carl's Jr., the KFC is not up to off-island standards. Off island rating: 1.5 On island rating: 3.5.

4 comments:

P a n c a k e said...

I disagree with your DDW scores. Perhaps your recent poor experiences have soured your soul. It's a least a 2 off island, if only for the pies. And on-island, minimum of a 4 for the cleanliness and paintings on the wall.

... said...

Really, you must have tried the hospital restaurant??!!! It is clean, there is a great menu and they also have vegetables! and all very cheap, no queues... nice tables and even nice posters that tells you HOW to throw away the fat from the meat (there are pictures of hands putting the fat in the garbage bin...)

Elizabeth said...

WTF! Nobody told me Ed died! Probably more "stray dog" control on the part of the Ag dept.

fogfan said...

Yayyyy!!! Restaurant review! But um...I hate to sound whiney...but I'll do it anyway. PICTURES!!

KFC sucks? Really? Shocking!

As for the customer service, yeah. My sis was there like two years ago and she said the waiters loved to play hide and go seek. They would go hide and don't even THINK about seeking them out.

Pity. I don't know why customer service should suck in Samoa. What the heck is so hard about getting your order right. Sheesh!