Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Samoa

Today started out early because I had a trial set for today.

On my drive into work, I listened to the morning radio show for a little bit. At first there was the usual extremely easy trivia that callers miss until there's only one choice left.

Then there was some discussion about the local election. Then it was mentioned that this is a big election for here and for the US.

Host: so who do you like in the presidential race, John McCain or Barak Hussein Obama?
Nana: (laughter at the Hussein comment)McCain, gotta go with McCain.
Host: Yeah, McCain is the man, I mean he's a war hero and POW.
Nana: Yeah, McCain...uhhh, McCain, yeah.
Host: All right enough of that I'm going to hear from all the Obama supporters out there. Maybe they'll paint my car like the Laker fans threatened last week to paint it yellow. What do you think the Obama supporters will paint it.
Nana: Black, they'll paint it black.
Laughter.

On the main radio station here.
Neat.

Oh, and a really nice legally incorrect ruling during trial- I even feared this incorrect ruling so I did a bench memo setting out some caselaw about this issue. No matter... still the same ruling.

Awesome.

9 comments:

Janaya said...

Sweet. Now I really want to move to AS.

James said...

Reminds me of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" where the Blacks move in with the Davids.

The analogy Larry makes when he meets the Black family, noting that their last name is Black and they are black. "That's like if my last name was Larry Jew." youtube

Except CYE is funny parody and those guys on your island are nimrods.

Oh yeah, if you are getting Netflix movies you might want to order Curb Your Enthusiasm if you've never seen it. It's hilarious.

Unknown said...

Are you telling me that Dave Chappelle went crazy and moved to A.S.to do a radio show?

kccalla said...

Nana Imus?

stadtler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
stadtler said...

Maybe that caller just really like the Rolling Stones.

fogfan said...

What station was this on??? I listen to 93 KHJ online somtimes. Was it that one?

Unknown said...

Yeah, KHJ morning show.

fogfan said...

And it's time to delete that station from my bookmarks.

When people ask me what living in AS was like I tell them that it's like a small conservative religious town floating in the middle of the Pacific. Stuff like this just confirms my suspicions that there is NOTHING back in AS for me and even to visit would bring on headaches and heartaches.