Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Departure date

I found out today that my requested departure date is approved and they made airline reservations for me. So check out this sweet deal: I leave Thursday Feb 8 and fly to Honolulu. I stay in Hawaii until my flight at 5pm on Sunday Feb 11.

The government is going to pay up to $1000 for moving expenses. I really don't have all that much stuff, so I was probably going to waste a big portion of that unless I decided to ship over some gravel or kitties just to get my money's worth. But, I recently found out that if you aren't in Hawaii for more than 3 nights, the govt. will reimburse you for your expenses if you have money remaining in your $1000 shipping alottment. That is fantastic. Now I get a free 3 night holiday in Hawaii. That is quite a bit better than 10 boxes of gravel.

Also, the Pro Bowl is that weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think there are five kitties that are going to be very upset that you chose three days in Hawaii over them. The contract said you can only have one dog...it didn't say anything about 5 cats.