Sunday, January 21, 2007

Snow Camping



I just got back from a weekend camping at 29 Pines campground outside of Cle Elum. There was a ton of snow. There was a ton of beer as well. I smartly refused to drink any wine this year after the disasterous effects that cheap wine had on me during snow camping weekend the past two years. Some highlights were bacci ball in the road and an enourmous pit that we carved out of the 4 foot deep snow for the fire and room for all 8 of us to sit in our camp chairs around the fire.
Andy Lentz slept in a snow cave under a picnic table; he also puked.
Adrian puked as well.
I was sooo cold Friday night. My sleeping bag is rated to 10 degrees I think, but it also is maybe 8-10 years old. Since it is holofil, it loses its heat retaining properties over time. I'm guessing it should be rated about 40 degrees now. I was looking forward to the warm weather quite a bit while I was freezing/not sleeping Friday night.

The Hawaii setup just keeps getting better. Jimmy Fong (Jerry's brother) and his wife and some friends are going to be over in Hawaii for the Pro Bowl. None of them will be playing in the game, but they went last year and said it was really fun to be over there. So, now I'm going to be staying in their condo that the get for free (I'm not sure how they get it). Plus, Jimmy and I badgered Jerry into going to Hawaii too.

I also learned a little more about what happens when I get into AS. I guess they'll put me up in a hotel for a few days while I get my shit together and they'll show me the available government housing options. Then I pick one and move in.

I'm not too happy about the Bears making the Super Bowl. Grossman is so crappy; I can't believe he made it. Go Colts!

The Huskies insanely added Hawaii to their football schedule. Now in addition to the Pac-10 schedule, they get Syracuse away, Boise St., Ohio St., and Hawaii with their heisman trophy candidate. I hope Locker is as good as we think.

Husky basketball= yuk.

1 comment:

Hoz said...

Stupid Adrian brought his HIV sickness to snowcamping and I have been coughing like Jim Bair all week. Thanks F'er. Other than that the '07 Snow Camping was fun.