Friday, March 16, 2007

Great Success!


High five!
I finally got the machine together.

OK, here is a sampling of the directions:
Step one- sure it looks like any other set of directions (maybe a little worse than normal)



And then we're on to this:


Come on:



Oh of course, how simple and clear:





And there's more. But it is put together and it works; yay! Don't ever buy this product though! I know a few people who say they love putting stuff together. (not you KC) This will take that right out of you. The chances that I disassemble this thing and ship it home are absolute zero. OK, I can conceive of a scenario so it isn't really absolute zero, but it is close and none of those scenarios are close to likely.

Thursday, court was stressful, but this time it was all my fault. I left my court files in the work vehicle and then it was taken out to serve subpeonas and the investigator serving them had lost his cell phone. The cops put out an APB for the vehicle (no kidding) to get my stuff back. It turns out the court had a copy of the thing I was most concerned about though, so it really wasn't that big of a deal. I felt like a moron though.

I was going to try out making pizza here Sunday, but my neighbors that were going to be the guineapigs for it can't make it. So, now it is Friday. The dough will probably rise in about 45 seconds here. Meg sent me some green food coloring, so I'll be adding that to my beer this weekend.

Good job Cougs. And good job VCU. Stanford... pathetic. Zags... is not so good.

I think this is the 7th day in a row with lots of rain. Still highs of 87 or so and lows of 80 or so. On Monday when I was driving to work, the radio said it was 77. That's easily the coldest temperature I've heard since I've been on island.

Meg and Adrian: everyone says sloshball can't get organized for a Friday. Some people don't get home til 530, and it gets dark around 715 right now, and that'll be earlier when you're here, so I think we should just go to Apia on Friday. Also, I hear that renting a car there is actually the way to go.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

14 comments:

stadtler said...

Damn. I was in the process of typing up my big-ass comment on your last post as you posted this one. If you want to read it go here.

Haha. Your site has now been linked to in a blog. Pretty cool huh?

Hoz said...

Wow, that is complicated! They even numbered the parts to make it harder to tell which goes with which- those bastards.

Sue them!!! SUE THEM ALL!!! HA HA HA

Did they teach you in law school that lefty is loose and righty is tight ?

Well Now ya know and knowing is half the battle --G.I Joe!

stadtler said...

Re: Sloshball.
Whatever. I know that the locals are afraid of my incredible Sloshball prowess. Don't even get me started on my drinking skillz...

Nice work Winthrop. How ironic is it that ND suffered a big upset loss on the day before St Patty's?

Tenn is on pace to score about 130. They hit 100 w/ seven minutes left.

Unknown said...

My site has been linked to? By who?

Carolyn & Adrian said...

Congrats! That's a fine looking machine you've assembled. You should be proud of your self. How are the workouts at home?

Oh and happy St. Patrick's Day to you. Enjoy your green beer. And if there are any snakes on the island. See if you can drive them off and have a holiday started in your name.

Unknown said...

Ha. Not so much with the snakes, but lots of dogs.

I haven't even worked out with it yet. I'm starting my running and working out on Monday. I was thinking I'd start today, but there's green beer to be had.

Carolyn & Adrian said...

Are these stray dogs? If so you should adopt one and call it your own. Then you can post pitures of it on your blog.

I though you had already started running. Or is it too rainy to do that?

Unknown said...

I do have a picture of my dog on here. Check the last post.

stadtler said...

What's your dog's name? I think you should name him Bilo. Bilo Sagdiyev. Then you can taunt him with the, "you will never get this, you will never get this," constantly. That joke will never get old.

kccalla said...

How many extra parts did you end up with after putting the machine together?

My bracket is absolutely jacked. My final two are still alive, but that is about it.

Unknown said...

I do have some washers and bolts left.

I really like the Bilo idea. I might start calling her that.

Janaya said...

Hey, I never was able to found out if yaks are born with horns. I hope not.....some of them have sideways horns.....ouch.

kccalla said...

Washers, Bolts, those can't be very important. I wouldn't worry about it.

stadtler said...

Yeah, It's nuts that you have to worry about!