Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Monday and Tuesday seem to be the busiest days for me, so I’m least likely to post. Right now it is extra busy because one of the attorneys, Mark, is on vacation for the week. So now we’re down 3 or 4 criminal attorneys for the week. Our main civil attorney Valerie is leaving her job soon too because of a family illness. I don’t have all that much civil experience, but it’s possible that I have the most in the office, so we’ll see how that goes.

Sunday night the attorney general’s body was flown in from Hawaii. Our whole office went to the church at 930pm and they brought the coffin in when it arrived. It got over about 1145pm. I was exhausted even before going, but it wasn’t nearly as bad as I feared. First, I couldn’t understand what was being said so I could reasonably stare off into space like I didn’t know what was going on. Also though, it was pretty interesting. Some of the speakers were really animated (though they could have been demanding cheaper pop for all I know). Also the church choir was huge and really good.

I’m always tired Sunday night, but I think I went to bed about 430am Saturday night. I think pretty much everyone I know here outside of work was over here except my neighbors the Colettis who were dealing with a chicken pox outbreak. We had a great bbq with tons of chicken and I made grilled pizza, fabulous hummus, deviled eggs, corn salad (Jerry!), and other delicacies. We also had beer and green food coloring. Some went in beer, but I think more went on dogs. There was a survivor flip cup tournament (which is a good idea, but maybe should take place at the beginning of an evening instead of 4 hours in). There was also Washoes which is something we should have played a long time ago. We could have set it up on the roof during college. It is like horseshoes kind of. You pitch big washers into holes cut in the washoe board. 1, 3, 5 pts; first team to 21 w/o going over wins.

The rain stopped today. It had pretty much dominated everything for about 10 days. It isn’t that you can’t do anything usually because it is still so warm, but sometimes the downpours are just insane. You know how this fall/winter in Washington it rained super hard a few times like I’ve really never seen in the NW? Well take that high level of rain and take the amount that falls during a straight hour of it- then take that amount and have it come down in 5minutes. That’s how it is here sometimes. But today was great and I’m hoping it stays like that.

The funeral for the AG is Thursday AND Friday… all day I think. We’re supposed to attend the main service which I think is Friday sometime. Unless they cancel court, I’ll miss it probably. It is a tough call as to whether I would rather they cancel court or not. I have probation review Friday which is 1.5-3 hours of torture for me. I’d like to get out of it, but if they cancel it, they’ll very likely just push all of it until the next week- yuk! Best case would be I get probation out of the way for this week, then meet everyone at the church for the eating part.

I don’t have any movie reviews but I’ll use this space to say again how much you should avoid Lets go to Prison. But if Lets go to Prison is a broken hand, the Protector is a chopped off head.

It seems like there is something going on this Saturday, but I can’t think what that is. I am too tired. I started getting a migraine today for the first time in maybe 10 years, but I fought it off. OK, I’m going to bed.

Happy Anniversary to my parents!

(KW, if you could call them and sing them that song,;that’d be great!)

Oh, I have international text messaging now. I need to put more money on it though to make it work. I'll try to do that tomorrow (Wednesday).

2 comments:

stadtler said...

KW, If you could conference call me in when you sing to the Masser's that would be great. I laughed just thinking about that awesome song. I wanna be a crooner!

Masser- So you have to pay your own cell bill? I thought that was some work-provided phone. How expensive are texts going to be for you? (I should probably know the answer to this so that I'll only drunkenly send you 10 msgs instead of 50). I finally got my phone bill and it was good. My one minute call to you only cost me $.20. The two min call you made to me was free. Yay.

The guy who runs The Weave blog refers to you as That New Guy. Not terribly endearing if you ask me.

My weekend plans are already set. Want a rundown, here it goes:
-Watch two KU hoops victories
-Work at a beer festival (and partake)
-Go gamble at the Moose for Oral Rob's b-day.
-Win the midnight poker tournament.

My liver is preemptively hating me.

Unknown said...

I need to set up the texting and I'll see how much it costs.

I don't mind the new guy- I'll be it until someone new gets here.

You forgot the giant greasy meal comped to you after the tourney at the Moose.