Friday, March 2, 2007

I don't have much time because I've been in the office for about 10 minutes today and I'm leaving again soon. Sorry for the short post. I'm heading to a birthday party tonight and then poker. No plans for tomorrow. I may look at some crappy cars. OK, What I can do is answer Kevin's series of questions

Are there any pool tables on the island? Yes, there are bars with pool tables. There is even a bowling alley.

What is the danger factor? Crime,- crime, pretty low. There is the occasional serious charge but really most of the charges are disturbing the peace, dui, driving on suspended. Probably 1 time a week guys get hauled in for getting drunk and fighting with each other.

Wild animals, etc.? There are giant bats that are not dangerous, there are centipedes which I have not seen, but apparently hurt really bad if you step on them- they're big so you can't miss them I guess. They're not harmful, just painful.

Do the locals like the tourists or do they spit at them? People are extra friendly.

How many grains of sand per square inch for each specific beach? Ha. There are lower grains per beach than at home.

What is the average salt content for the Western-most beach? Salty

How many roaches have you seen? one

Why haven't you been on any hikes? I've been mostly hanging out in town.

Are you going to buy a boat? Probably not, but I'll be on the lookout for a cheap one.

Do you like anyone at work, like more than a friend? ha, no

Can you go fishing there (please address price, type of fish, etc.)? You can, there's tuna and all the big tropical fish.

6 comments:

jfong said...

crime, perfect, I would fit right in. Found any schools with teaching jobs for me?

Carolyn & Adrian said...

Sorry Jerry there are no schools in AS.

The Dawgs are on CBS national today. I bet we win just b/c it doesn't matter now. Being on CBS also means that we have a decent chance of getting Raftery. We also have a chance of suck-ass Billy Packer, but I'm hopeful...

Hoz said...

WHAT Fong couldn't even go five blocks to the 2121 on a wed night at 7 PM. How in the hell could you get out of Washington?

stadtler said...

I called that! Go Dawgs! PotG- Brockman!

kccalla said...

I was scared that we were going to let that one get away, when we went from up 16 with 10 minutes left to up 2 with 4 minutes left. That would have been a terrible one to lose. It is good that we were finally able to gut one out.

Any chance for an At-Large bid? I don't think there is. Even if we get to the Championship GAME, and if we lose to UCLA in a tight one, I think we'll come up short. I think we have to win the tourny, or else it is NIT.

The Seahawks franchised Josh Brown. I guess one of the better Guards in the league (from San Diego) was in town this weekend. Haven't heard much on the Stevens front, but I also haven't read the papers this weekend (I pooped before going to the store, so there was no reason to buy a paper!).

stadtler said...

I think if we win two games in the Pac10 tourney we'd have a chance. That would mean beating ASU (we should do that anyway) and WSU (big trouble there). That'd put us at 20 wins in the toughest conference, with keys wins against UCLA, USC, Stan.
Before our final four games I was thinking that we'd need to win 3 of 4 to have a shot OSU and two of three against USC, UCLA, OR). Of course we then dropped the OSU game and blew that whole theory up.

Imagine where we'd be if we hadn't lost to OSU and had managed to win our two OT games? We'd be 21-9 and 5th place in the conference. Damn.

The good news of the college hoops weekend is that as long as KU can pick up a win or two in their conference tourney, they should have locked up a number one seed. Biggity-Bam! Rock Chock.