Thursday, May 10, 2007



Jeff Weaver must go! (to Tacoma)
Weave, is this your fault?
He is on his way to being the worst starting pitcher in the history of the Mariners. That is definitely saying something since they didn't make the playoffs for the first 20 years of their existance. I think Ken Cloude has the record (and at least at one time I think he had the major league record) for worst ERA of a season-long starter. But that was around 8.00 or so as I recall. Weaver (Jeff) is on his way to destroying that record. Through 30 games this season, Weaver has 6 starts and a 14.32 ERA. He also has 6 losses. Take half of those away and the M's are in 1st place. There is only one other pitcher with at least 4 starts that is even within 5 era points of him, and he's a distant second. If Hargrove starts him again he should be fired immediately. If he remains on the major league roster past today, Bavasi should be fired tomorrow morning. (I have since learned that Felix may come off the DL on Tuesday, so if Weaver hangs around til then I guess it is ok. Might as well bring somebody up for those days though like Morse or Campillo).

Today's weather is a cool, pleasant 82. It has been raining most of the day. But if I had to sum it up in one word, today's weather is stinky.
Maybe one time a month, you can smell the tuna canneries at my office. Today it isn't that bad, but you can smell them at court. That's still not next door though so it is worse than partly stinky.

I got out of court about 115p today. Now I have to put together a program to teach the police academy about evidence for tomorrow morning. Should I make it like a law school class?

Andy- I finally got into watching Entourage. Now I'm addicted. I'm up through the part when they fired Ari. I need to know what happens next!

I got some decent sleep last night, so I think I'm on my way to being cured of my illness, hopefully tomorrow.

I have an exciting evening of laundry scheduled for tonight.

6 comments:

stadtler said...

Yes Weaver blows. He's horrible, horrendous, on taxes he be writing off....I digress.

An evening of doing laundry? You mean you have to pack it ALL the way over to your neighbor's house and then wait for it to return in a clean folded state?

Did you like Ari's ride in the F&F prop car? I love that part.

Hoz said...

I am sorry to be the first one to tell you Aaron, there is no cure for the HIVs.

Thank you so much for separating that boring baseball segment. I can skip down and read stuff that doesn't suck.

You should make your police training like Mr. Hewett's class. Just sit in the chair and scoot everywhere while you teach.

Eyer said...

In Weaver's defense, even if he had an ERA of 3.01, he still would be 0-6 since the M's haven't given him more than 3 runs of support in any game he's pitched. That being said....he sucks hairy monkey balls.

Eyer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolyn & Adrian said...

From now on, along with weather reports you should include a skink report. And where are the pics of the 'girlmobile'? I've heard about it from Adrian, but I want to see you in it.

jfong said...

well, if you are bored here are some movies to watch. you should start watching 24, i know you might not like it, but for you it will be entertaining. watch deja vu, I know you don't like denzel, but this movie is really good, of course it could never happen, but it is still good. it was better than I ghouth it would be. night at the museum, smoking aces, trust the man. all are entertaining.